- Fire and burns can be a threat to pets. Holiday hazards include
lit candles, potpourri pots, and fireplaces. Always keep your
pets away from these things.
- If you have a real Christmas tree, make sure your pets cannot drink the water from the stand.
Check around the tree often
for fallen needles. Sharp pine needles can cause pain and harm to your pet's
- Do not use tinsel on your tree. Your pets could become sick from or choke on the tinsel.
- Keep wrapping paper, ribbons, and bows away from pets. These can cause stomach problems
if chewed or swallowed by your pets. Be sure to throw these away soon after
- Many holiday plants (poinsettia, holly, mistletoe) are poisonous to animals. Keep these plants away from your pets.
-Keep holiday foods in secure containers and out of reach of your pets.
Eating the wrong foods can make your pet very sick.
- Keep candy, especially chocolate, away from your pets. Many ingredients in
candy can be toxic, even deadly, to pets.
Pet Safety Printable Coloring Page